What Happens?

 October 31st, 1986

"Tony, put the files down and come and watch a movie with me!", Tristan yelled to Anthony from the living room.

"Give me 15 minutes. I'm reading through case notes,' Anthony replied distractedly.

Tristan appeared in the dining room and grabbed the file out of Anthony's hand gently. "Babe, you are always working on a case. It's Halloween! Let's enjoy it together. You can read the notes after the movie." Tristan kissed Anthony and led him to the couch.

"Wanna watch a horror movie?" Tristan asked.

Anthony replied with a deadpan look. "Tristan, I live horror all day everyday," he points to himself." Homicide detective remember.....wo go through this every year for the past  years." He pretended to scowl.

"Okay okay Ghost Busters it is," he chuckled and slid the VHS into the VCR then cuddled into Anthony.

"Do you believe?" Tristan asked after the movie ended.

"Do I believe we've watched this movie 20 times since it came out 2 years ago?" He replied smirking. "Yes, I've lived it." 

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Do you believe in ghosts?" Tristan clarified.

"No, there's no evidence, no proof." Anthony stated definitively.

"Oh come on Tony broaden that mind of yours. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist." Tristan countered. " What do you think happens when we die then?"

""We're put 6 feet under and become worm food....end of story." Anthony responded. "What do you think happens?"

"Eh, I don't know. I hope there's an after life. I don't want to think that when this is over that's it...game over. According to my grandmother we'll come back to haunt the ones we love." he said laughing. In a slightly more serious tone he continued, "she claims she still sees my grandfather who has been dead 20 years. Although, she has a habit of drinking her dinner so there's that," he shrugged.

"So does that mean you'll come back to haunt Ernie Hudson," he replied jokingly gesturing to the T.V. screen.

Tristan leaned into him to kiss Anthony, "Don't worry babe. If I go first, I'll be haunting you."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Slip Away

A Tale of Revenge: Part One

Sixth Course: Regent Punch